A house does not make a home-
But the people who live within it...
People may bring trouble and strife
Or bring to a home the joy of life!
You do not have to have - a home on a hill-
With elegant furnishings - to make the bill-
Friends and relations may think you are grand
But that isn't everything - house and land -
I'd rather see a lived in house
With family mingling round about
A fireplace all aglow
A home where family lives and grows.
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor
Or what your money buys you
But what is within your heart and soul
Will make you strive to that goal
Of turning a house into a home-
Built around love and giving...
For then life in this home
Will be that joy in living!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Homes by Elaine Cole )
- I had shied away, hasmukh amathalal
- Shoemaker, Gaurav Juyal
- King Serpentine, Gaurav Juyal
- The clouds and the child, Thampi KEE
- To My Princess, Abekah Emmanuel
- Those sensations تلك الاحاسيس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The God gives, hasmukh amathalal
- Small fishes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- When you're old, JJ Evendon
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)