A house does not make a home-
But the people who live within it...
People may bring trouble and strife
Or bring to a home the joy of life!
You do not have to have - a home on a hill-
With elegant furnishings - to make the bill-
Friends and relations may think you are grand
But that isn't everything - house and land -
I'd rather see a lived in house
With family mingling round about
A fireplace all aglow
A home where family lives and grows.
It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor
Or what your money buys you
But what is within your heart and soul
Will make you strive to that goal
Of turning a house into a home-
Built around love and giving...
For then life in this home
Will be that joy in living!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Homes by Elaine Cole )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland
- Dreams, Michael McParland
- Doubting, Michael McParland