Honesty verses loyalty
Loyalty is being honest to a person;
Honesty is being loyal to a cause.
Loyalty is being faithful
And honesty, being virtuous.
Kumbakarna was loyal;
Vibhishna was honest.
The world is run by loyalty
Rather than by honesty.
[Kumbakarna and Vibhishna are yonger brothers of King Ravana in the Hindu epic Ramayana.]
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honesty verses loyalty by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- All about me Ma!, Damian Murphy
- Broken World, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Committee Meetings, Edgar Albert Guest
- Golf Luck, Edgar Albert Guest
- All The Love We Hide, Michael McParland
- The Simple Things, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Bride, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bread And Jam, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Cut-Down Trousers, Edgar Albert Guest
- Lullaby, Edgar Albert Guest