'' Honour Among Thieves ''
It’s one of the greatest myths of all time,
Truth is it’s a blatant lie,
The very concept should be classed as a crime,
As in reality this doesn’t apply.
Al Capone did it to his colleagues and friends,
A gangster’s aim in life is to fleece,
Their abuse of hypocrisy never ends,
Yes it’s even rife among police.
They pay out our cash for information,
To those who commit the deeds,
It’s really a form of degradation,
But they would argue they have needs.
The vast majority of crooks who get caught,
Are informed on by their own kind,
The police and the press can also be bought,
But to this fact they prefer to remain blind.
They all stick together united as one,
That’s what they expect you to swallow,
Truth is when all is said and done,
Every one of these statements is hollow.
Throughout their history it has been shown,
The pen is mightier than the sword,
If I write one a cheque the truth will be known,
They’ll do anything to rake in a reward.
They have no morals for others they don’t care,
That is the law in their jungle,
To portray them as honourable just isn’t fair,
In fact it’s one major bungle.
They are all blatant liars who live a dishonest life,
Honest peoples lives they disrupt,
Their victims are then forced to live with the strife,
Each and every one of them is corrupt.
From gangsters and crooks to fiddling politicians,
When one’s jailed there’s none of them grieves,
Honesty was never one of their traditions,
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' Honour Among Thieves '' by bri mar )
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)