'' Honour Among Thieves ''
It’s one of the greatest myths of all time,
Truth is it’s a blatant lie,
The very concept should be classed as a crime,
As in reality this doesn’t apply.
Al Capone did it to his colleagues and friends,
A gangster’s aim in life is to fleece,
Their abuse of hypocrisy never ends,
Yes it’s even rife among police.
They pay out our cash for information,
To those who commit the deeds,
It’s really a form of degradation,
But they would argue they have needs.
The vast majority of crooks who get caught,
Are informed on by their own kind,
The police and the press can also be bought,
But to this fact they prefer to remain blind.
They all stick together united as one,
That’s what they expect you to swallow,
Truth is when all is said and done,
Every one of these statements is hollow.
Throughout their history it has been shown,
The pen is mightier than the sword,
If I write one a cheque the truth will be known,
They’ll do anything to rake in a reward.
They have no morals for others they don’t care,
That is the law in their jungle,
To portray them as honourable just isn’t fair,
In fact it’s one major bungle.
They are all blatant liars who live a dishonest life,
Honest peoples lives they disrupt,
Their victims are then forced to live with the strife,
Each and every one of them is corrupt.
From gangsters and crooks to fiddling politicians,
When one’s jailed there’s none of them grieves,
Honesty was never one of their traditions,
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' Honour Among Thieves '' by bri mar )
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)