My jeans zip is popping
My body’s gone all crazy
Everyone is noticing
My memories a bit hazy.
The once upright breasts
Are really dropping
And those hot flushes
Simply aren’t for stopping.
It’s the hormones
That’s what it’s about
And all around my middle
I’m getting rather stout.
There’s nowhere to hide
There’s nowhere to run
My newly acquired moustache
And chin hairs are fit to stun.
I joined a club that weekly meet
They tell me all the can’t haves
I just go home and eat.
Don’t have this don’t have that
I paid all that money just to chat.
Well my feet are still the same size shoe
I could always buy them something new.
Time passes quickly teenage years gone
I’ve no more excuses to rely on
The one about puppy fat ran out long ago
Now it’s time for a revamp from head to toe.
Hazel Connelly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hormones by Hazel Connelly )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Inspiration, Michael P. McParland
- Intesely Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Jakhm dilon kaa jab bhi dhoun,, Aftab Alam
- achchhe din aa gaye, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Into The Valley, Michael P. McParland
- It's All For You, Michael P. McParland
- Dog, Valerie Worth
- Grass, Valerie Worth
- It's Hard, Michael P. McParland
- Inferno, Michael P. McParland