My jeans zip is popping
My body’s gone all crazy
Everyone is noticing
My memories a bit hazy.
The once upright breasts
Are really dropping
And those hot flushes
Simply aren’t for stopping.
It’s the hormones
That’s what it’s about
And all around my middle
I’m getting rather stout.
There’s nowhere to hide
There’s nowhere to run
My newly acquired moustache
And chin hairs are fit to stun.
I joined a club that weekly meet
They tell me all the can’t haves
I just go home and eat.
Don’t have this don’t have that
I paid all that money just to chat.
Well my feet are still the same size shoe
I could always buy them something new.
Time passes quickly teenage years gone
I’ve no more excuses to rely on
The one about puppy fat ran out long ago
Now it’s time for a revamp from head to toe.
Hazel Connelly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hormones by Hazel Connelly )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak