Hush! God Is Sleeping
Hush! God is sleeping
in some regions, in
the mind of minds!
Don't make noise, He
may get up, and His sleepless
eyes, may not recognize,
the entrance of Lucifer
in the realm of Eden!
God showers His rain of
blessings, but, if He turns
His face, Satan may usurp
us from the thrones of love!
Hush! God is sleeping--
Let God take rest, in the
coolest zone of our hearts...
He is tired of the burden of
this sorrowful world!
Until He gets up, keep awake
your conscience, the milk
of kindness, the sweetness
of honesty, and power of love!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hush! God Is Sleeping by Neela Nath )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling