Hush! God Is Sleeping
Hush! God is sleeping
in some regions, in
the mind of minds!
Don't make noise, He
may get up, and His sleepless
eyes, may not recognize,
the entrance of Lucifer
in the realm of Eden!
God showers His rain of
blessings, but, if He turns
His face, Satan may usurp
us from the thrones of love!
Hush! God is sleeping--
Let God take rest, in the
coolest zone of our hearts...
He is tired of the burden of
this sorrowful world!
Until He gets up, keep awake
your conscience, the milk
of kindness, the sweetness
of honesty, and power of love!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hush! God Is Sleeping by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- poisons by s.r, skye robertson
- Stimulating Outcome, Mac McGovern
- Ultimately, Bill Grace
- Rapture, Deborah Kelley
- Though I mayst fall, Sir Toby
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)