I Although Not Beautiful
I, although not beautiful,
have desired to mingle my dust
with all that is beautiful-
with rivers, streams
and the white sand of uninhabited beaches.
As I grow older
I would like to be without dislike
these hurt me.
I have realised the importance of dreams
and accept the thoughts that go within myself.
The possibility of disaster is always near-
I drag my feet when I say goodbye.
Gillian Commerford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Although Not Beautiful by Gillian Commerford )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1618 – 28 July 1667)
- leticia s david
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(November 9 - 1937)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael McParland
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis