I am a Child of...
I can feel the disease crawling through my skin
I can feel my body getting weaker within
A shadow stands upon my eye
I am always tied and I don't know why
My body is frail as a feeble woman
Lord can you help me fight off this evil demon
I prey because it wont be long
Before the gates of heaven open and the angles sing a joyful song
I am to young to die, but someday I will go
Just not right now because there is something you need to know:
I am a child of God, but I never took the time to prey
I am a child of God, but never visit a church on a Sunday
I am a child of God, but I question God ability
I am a child of God, but dying from HIV.............................................. ...........
This poem is written for all the people dying from HIV. I am not a victim, but who say you can't. Life is to important so do me and the rest of the world a favor and get tested for HIV.
Melissa Haynes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am a Child of... by Melissa Haynes )
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash