I am a wetland
I am a wetland,
To the lotus and fish, and dreams.
But my bridle from iron and
My horse from wood.
Twenty centuries in my blood,
Full of amok, fire and war.
O my sorrow heart,
The lashes hurt and the silence
They rushed your death.
I thought your shield from iron,
So I left, the arrows of treachery,
Pleasure of aiming.
Oh my heart's delusions..
How can you run over the flames?
You were a land of joy
You were a bird dance on
The top of mountains.
Ah what a stone that hit my heart
I became a land of oppression,
I became a land of sorrow.
Tell me O God..
Who will bring back to me,
The smell of lotus and dreams?
Fatima Nusairat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am a wetland by Fatima Nusairat )
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)