I Am Anna
My life did not end in a tragic accident. I was freed from the captivity of a human body.
We know that energy cannot be created or destroyed; it just changes from one form to another.
I did not die- I am still here.
When you walk in the rain- I am here.
When you feel a gentle breeze- I am here.
When you feel the warmth of the sun- I am here.
When you hear beautiful music- I am here.
When there is laughter- I am here.
When you listen to the sounds of a babbling brook, or the chirping of birds or the hum of insects;
When you gaze at a colorful sunset or stare at the heavens on a clear night- I am here.
While I remain in your heart and your memory- I am here.
I am beauty.
I am love.
I am Anna.
(In memory of my friend Anna Bonnet)
Rich Reitz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Anna by Rich Reitz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Moon, Henry David Thoreau
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- नशा है तुम्हारा, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- I'm my Messiah, Light Mark
- गणतंत्र नहीं गुणतंत्र चाहिये, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Transportational Hazards, derrick foster
- अमीबा से ह्युमन तक, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Crazy For You, Gillu Rahul
- दिल में तुम्हे रखा है, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदा मांग ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- ओ घघरी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- nine times i tried to pinch his wink, Mandolyn ...