I Am Anna
My life did not end in a tragic accident. I was freed from the captivity of a human body.
We know that energy cannot be created or destroyed; it just changes from one form to another.
I did not die- I am still here.
When you walk in the rain- I am here.
When you feel a gentle breeze- I am here.
When you feel the warmth of the sun- I am here.
When you hear beautiful music- I am here.
When there is laughter- I am here.
When you listen to the sounds of a babbling brook, or the chirping of birds or the hum of insects;
When you gaze at a colorful sunset or stare at the heavens on a clear night- I am here.
While I remain in your heart and your memory- I am here.
I am beauty.
I am love.
I am Anna.
(In memory of my friend Anna Bonnet)
Rich Reitz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Anna by Rich Reitz )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Character of a Happy Life, Sir Henry Wotton
Poem of the Day
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi
- winter clothes, Eric Ericson
- Sonnet11: 'Whose Mistresses These Are? '.., Pijush Biswas
- Deep in vogue, Stephen Brian Brady
- Deep into the Sea, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Save the girls, gajanan mishra
- Awaiting For Spring, Rimni chakravarty