Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Am Channeling Poe
Once upon a midnight dreary
'I've heard that before.'
I am channeling Poe.
'You don't have to channel po' no 'mo.
I think you have been very successful.
I make a suggestion you channel some dough,
So you can pay me back the money you owe.'
You have no sympathy for artists at all,
'Why should I have sympathy,
For somebody channeling po'?
Do you know how many people
Right outside that door,
That have painted that picture too long.
IF you can channel up some fish and grits,
I'll give you all the sympathy you want.'
Are you here to bug me or what?
'You go right ahead.
Channel up all the 'po' you want.
I aint into it.
I know a few folks,
Who are not painting those kinds of pictures.
You told me earlier
You were home alone writing! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Channeling Poe by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Little Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- Exploring Inner Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Little Song About The Foot, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Song About Night Moscow, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Tin Soldier Of My Son, Bulat Okudzhava
- Flowers stay with me, S.D. TIWARI
- I Fancied The Muse, Bulat Okudzhava
- Involved In Earthly Zeal, Bulat Okudzhava
- We are stupidly bold!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sword of silver, S.D. TIWARI