PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
I am for 'Yes'....
Never say 'No' if you don`t have to...
'No's are caterpillars.
They give bad itches to soft minds!
Ugh! They squirm like creepy-crwalies!
'Yes' with a beam feels a good sunshine!
calls many to bathe in pleasant light.
Timely 'Yes' can save wreckage and ruin!
Who does not love to see a morning fair and bright?
'Yes' comes out faster than a 'No'...
'No' stomps and thuds; hits and hurts!
'Yes' walks and runs; gallops and soars!
One 'Yes' outweighs a hundred 'No's.
Topic of this poem: metaphor
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am for 'Yes'.... by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And indeed death has a domain, Daisy Pereira
- Listening to the radio in the Afternoon, Angell Afinowi
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi
- Loo Prints, Phil Soar