I am in shock..
I wanted to do it as my fellow passenger had done,
Lowered the glass screen to do it at least once,
Pressed the button in the whimsical dream,
The tropical sun magically glisten these young skin.
Hundreds of cheap LEDs hung on the inviting doors,
The light from it may hurt the retinal floor,
But the facial is done beautifully on these once flowers,
sold as the tasty fruits from the road side stalls.
These juicy little berries have no manicured finger nails,
I wanted to do it once as my fellow passenger had done,
When the skin is removed, everything is visibly edible,
I couldn’t throw the seeds and the skin out of the car’s window.
My hands are not tied, but my body listens 'only' to my tied mind,
A simple action of littering can’t be executed in free spirit,
A dozen times my hands reached the open window,
but couldn’t throw out the rubbish even for once, I am in shock.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am in shock.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Memoriam, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael McParland
- Don't Say Goodbye, Michael McParland
- To you My Friend!, Shaila Touchton
- Domestic Dreams, Michael McParland
- Do I Have To?, Michael McParland
- Destiny, Michael McParland
- Depths, Michael McParland
- Demonic Monster, Michael McParland
- Look Who's Watching, Jim Yerman