I am in shock..
I wanted to do it as my fellow passenger had done,
Lowered the glass screen to do it at least once,
Pressed the button in the whimsical dream,
The tropical sun magically glisten these young skin.
Hundreds of cheap LEDs hung on the inviting doors,
The light from it may hurt the retinal floor,
But the facial is done beautifully on these once flowers,
sold as the tasty fruits from the road side stalls.
These juicy little berries have no manicured finger nails,
I wanted to do it once as my fellow passenger had done,
When the skin is removed, everything is visibly edible,
I couldn’t throw the seeds and the skin out of the car’s window.
My hands are not tied, but my body listens 'only' to my tied mind,
A simple action of littering can’t be executed in free spirit,
A dozen times my hands reached the open window,
but couldn’t throw out the rubbish even for once, I am in shock.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am in shock.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- INNOCENT PRISIONER, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Watchman, Pijush Biswas
- Veni, Vidi, Vici. Okay?, Dylan Attard
- We are merely onlookers anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We are merely onlookers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
- The Very First Days of Autumn, Hebert Logerie
- Red, Nate Crow
- Always wrong, hasmukh amathalal
- Satan's obsessions, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)