Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
I Became Aware
how lonely it’s sometimes with you,
that both of us come from two different worlds,
that misconception rules at times
and I did wonder
how to go on with such a kind of life
where the few beautiful things that I do
at times are shattered
and I came to the realization
that love is something that brings joy to any situation
and without you my whole world is empty.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.