I Cannot Promise The Universe Will Grow Wiser And Wiser
I CANNOT PROMISE THE UNIVERSE WILL GROW WISER AND WISER
I cannot promise the Universe will grow wiser and wiser-
I cannot know that greater lights will shine towards the end-
I cannot know that we all of us
Are on the way Up and Up and Up Forever-
I cannot say the Universe is our Continent
And all we need to know is to continue going West in it –
I cannot promise you when Time and Times are Done
A greater Soul or Oversoul-
I do not know what God will give us in the end-
I pray against the all- scattered emptiness and endless darkness-
But who am I and where was I
When the foundations of the earth were laid?
How can I say or know where and what all these other universes are on their way to?
We are not what we dream to be no matter how great and courageous our dreams.
God in my ignorance God in our ignorance-
Where does it all? When will it all? What does it all –Mean?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Cannot Promise The Universe Will Grow Wiser And Wiser by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal