Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Could Be Interrogated For the Rest of My Life
What can I say?
I am not without,
My own severe limitations.
If breasts do not sit on the chest,
As my fantasies expect them...
I could be interrogated for the rest of my life,
If shown a face picture of my ex-wives.
I would not remember who they were,
Standing next to me covered in street clothes.
But I could tell you...
Which one had those that bounced.
And who had the ones that perked,
As if perched.
And how you have described them,
I can tell you too have no clue.
They remain as far as I know...
Unless time has changed their points of view.
I know I have memory lapses.
And I am sure some sagging has occurred,
On those two!
Time has a way of changing definition.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Could Be Interrogated For the Rest of My Life by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Be Quick About It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You delight my life, Amitie Abedi
- i need an aneurysm when i'm next to you, Mandolyn Davidson
- WITHIN MY HEART, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Secret Of The Angels, David Harris
- Differences of Opinion, Sandra Feldman
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty