I could be....
I'd love to write like Bob Dylan,
And dance like Fred Astaire,
To look like Tony Curtis,
When he had all his own hair!
Have a girlfriend like young Marilyn,
And hang out with Brad Pitt
Be hung like Errol Flynn was
I think I'd be a hit!
Like Marlon in the Wild One,
I'd ride a big Harley,
Find peace and grow long dreadlocks
Like Rasta Bob Marley!
I could cause carnage like old Arnie
In Terminator three
Drive a big black van with a red stripe on
Like the legendry Mr. T.
I'd sing like Elvis Presley,
And Talk sense like John Lennon,
Imagine who I'd be,
I'd have money like Bill Gates has,
And play football like George Best,
I'd be totally unstoppable,
With little time to rest.
Instead though I'm just plain old me,
And I'm happy with who I am,
I'd rather be me than P. Diddy
Or washed up like Jean Claude Van Damme!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I could be.... by Nick Jordan. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein