Alon Calinao Dy
I Didn't Expect To Love You
When I first met you,
I didn't expect I'd fall in love with you,
I thought it was only a fun game,
And I was playing in the flame.
One morning when I woke up,
My heart skipped a beat,
And it was pounding out of my chest,
I said, 'Oh my God! It's pumping up.'
I didn't want to give you my heart,
I was scared to death,
As I couldn't breathe,
You would tear it apart.
I realized with each passing day,
You weren't that bad person after all,
I've made mistakes of judging you so early,
You were a person with a heart of gold.
Now I enjoy your company,
Every minute of the day,
Every strand of your hair when it sways,
And each time that your eyes meet mine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Didn't Expect To Love You by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- सच बात है यही। SACH BAAT, hasmukh amathalal
- Those Sweetened Beaten Bushes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Immature Minds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- King James, David Lessard
- Waves, gajanan mishra
- having a stroke inside a straight line, Mandolyn Davidson
- leaving is losing a million things to say, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hopeless, David Whalen
- Say, whatever you like, gajanan mishra
- I Hate Time, Sandra Feldman