Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin
I Gather Motley Flowers
I gather motley flowers
And braid, braid a garland,
Sharp spears fall
At your victorious feet.
The sisters turn spindles
And spin, spin yarn.
Wild hops creep
Over fallen banners.
The cavalry flew by and vanished,
The storm thundered and hushed.
Lawlessness bore down, bore down -
Silence and light all around.
I stand in the middle of a mown field.
You stand beside me in shining armor.
I have found myself a Leader -
He is glorious and winged.
You will advance with a bold step,
Lead me into a new battle.
I will do whatever you want:
I am inseparable from you.
Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Gather Motley Flowers by Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi