Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin
I hug you, -
Both the rainbow to the river
And the clouds flame
In God's hand.
You laugh, - rain in the sun,
The mignonette bedewed,
And cunning is
A lilac star with eyelash.
Like a cloven comet
Is cryptic and clear.
Sleeps sweet in trombones,
A tarry monastery rings
in a copse of violins.
What shadows does
a gaze cast into space?
You don't know? And you mustn't
look back, my friend.
Whose heart begins to glisten
at the blue, blue Si?
The Debussy still listens
who never was to be.
Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music by Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 February 1887 - 3 November 1914)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- Compromised, M.J. Lemon
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley