I hate that I still think of you
And that I want you around.
I hate all the memories
Because you kept my feet on the ground.
I hate the fact that you’re happy.
Even without me in your life.
I hate that you’re always on my mind
And every day seems to be strife.
I hate that you’ve moved on
And I’m just a faded memory.
I hate that she’s the one beside you
And even more that it’s not me.
I hate that even in my anger
I can’t and still don’t hate you the way I’d like.
I hate this feeling I have
It feels like I’ve been stabbed with a spike
I hate that my heart aches
And I can’t get it to go away
I hate that you’re gone forever
And in my heart again you will never stay.
simply here's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (i hate... by simply here )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(2 November 1994)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Poem of the Day
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal
- The worst expectation, Nnaji Hyacinth sopuluchukwu
- Samantha's Flight, Kewayne Wadley
- GlassHouse, Kewayne Wadley
- Lost Angel Mambo, Kewayne Wadley
- Always in hurry, hasmukh amathalal