john chizoba vincent
I hate her voice
What is she singing off, war or peace?
What is she humming of, that made the
Grasses howled and the trees bent so low touching the ground?
Why would she disturb the peace of the forest
In such early morning with her bitter songs and voice
Breaking the winds and rendering the forest homeless?
The birds stopped working and the insects went into hiding.
I saw the frog running away from its abode in such a hurry
Nothing chased it but her song and the terrible creaking voice.
I watched the sky swirled in despair
Then the air wept and ceased.
I heard the voice in my nightmare
It woke me up from my lonely and humble Bed,
damaging my thoughts and spirit.
So i came out to see who sings,
Behold it was a maiden down the valley singing to her self
A song of sorrow and agony while she sown her
Is she maltreated? had someone she loved died in the war?
Had they taken her fiance away to join the soldiers?
I thought as i stood watching her in anger.
I hate that voice of agony that prevent me from sleeping.
I hate that voice of sorrow that swirled the sky and stooped the activities of humans and animals.
But i wont blame her
Something must have been bothering her which i do not know
Yet she work diligently and perfectly in the garden.
I must confess that her diligence to work attract and seized my emotions.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I hate her voice by john chizoba vincent )
- don't ever in public, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Somewhere in time, Mark Heathcote
- The wind brings warning, xeno drone
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)