R. K. Hart
I Have A Brother
I have a brother; yes, I have a brother,
Who loves me likes no other.
He cares enough to take my place,
His blood washes away my sin without a trace.
He says, “I am the bread of life…”, never again spiritual hunger,
Never again spiritual hunger and thirst, oh such a wonder.
My brother would meet all my needs,
And remove all my sinful weeds.
He says, “I am the light of the world...” full, wondrous sight,
On this worlds darkness he shines a blazing light.
Believe and never walk in darkness again,
Rejoice in the Lord always and walk on truths plain.
He says, “I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved”.
Through my brother Jesus, my journey to heaven is paved.
Goodness and mercy all the days of my life, will be,
We will dwell in the house of ever, a wondrous gift, given free.
He says, “I am the good shepherd” his life is given for his sheep.
Against thieves and wild animals, the fold gate is where he sleeps.
He is no hireling; he sincerely accepts responsibility for his sheep,
To lose one of His would cause this shepherd darkest grief.
He says, “I am the door to the sheepfold,
If you would harm my sheep you would be bold”.
He loves all but adores those who belong to him,
Those who have asked for the forgiveness of sin.
He says, “I am the way, the truth and the life
Wonderful assurance when the devils darts are rife.
It is a wonderful thing, wonderful assurance,
To know we have him, and there be no chance.
He says, ”I am the vine, you are the branches”,
Abide in me, He states and life has no chances.
I will bear much fruit, He promises me,
Glorious thing, I will do the work of the saintly.
Wonder of wonders the Son of God is a brother of mine,
The brother who threw all dark storms is genuine.
My brother gave Himself to save me,
And begs me to come to him and from sin flee.
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
There are seven I Am's in the book of John and to think that the Savior is also my brother as I'm a child of God my Heavenly Father.
Comments about this poem (I Have A Brother by R. K. Hart )
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)