R. K. Hart
Why do you only see me when I cry,
And not when my eyes are dry.
Only when my happy heart is broken,
And not when happiness has spoken.
Why do you see me when I’m in pain,
And not when I’m so happy I can’t explain.
When my world has drifted far apart,
And not when my life seems a work of art.
I see you at all times my child,
When the seas of your heart are both smooth and wild.
When your heart is broken over flowing with pain,
When you feel life seems not worth a seed of grain.
I will hold you and place a cooling salve on your hurt,
Until all is in concert.
I see you both when you laugh or cry,
I stand with you when joyful, tearful, or you sigh.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why by R. K. Hart )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa
- The River, bryan wallace
- Strides, Vera Sidhwa
- The Snowdrop, bryan wallace
- Overload, bryan wallace
- Down with poverty, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Conversations With A Friend, Richard Allen Beevor
- A Ten Minutes of Prayer, Reagan A. Latumbo