R. K. Hart
Why do you only see me when I cry,
And not when my eyes are dry.
Only when my happy heart is broken,
And not when happiness has spoken.
Why do you see me when I’m in pain,
And not when I’m so happy I can’t explain.
When my world has drifted far apart,
And not when my life seems a work of art.
I see you at all times my child,
When the seas of your heart are both smooth and wild.
When your heart is broken over flowing with pain,
When you feel life seems not worth a seed of grain.
I will hold you and place a cooling salve on your hurt,
Until all is in concert.
I see you both when you laugh or cry,
I stand with you when joyful, tearful, or you sigh.
R. K. Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why by R. K. Hart )
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)