'' I Have Granted Him Absolution ''
I spoke to the one called the saviour,
Challenging him to a debate,
I have to say I don’t like his behaviour,
As he’s already two hours late.
I gave a time and a destination,
Problem is he didn’t reply,
That’s a source of great frustration,
As you’re not allowed to ask why.
I did it through the power of prayer,
That’s the best way I was told,
Invisible beings cause me despair,
They must be a power to behold.
Answerable to nobody except yourself,
I’d say a bit like a politician,
He must also be like my garden elf,
No stomach for an inquisition.
I’ve now been waiting four long days,
His arrogance really astounds,
I wouldn’t say that he’s worthy of praise,
He has given me no reason or grounds.
If he’s as powerful as you make out,
He could respond to my personal request,
But of his existence I am now in doubt,
This has left me quite distressed.
He created the universe and all within,
Yet he fails to come to a meeting,
Surely that should be classed as a sin,
I at least deserve a greeting.
I’ve given him a week and he’s failed to appear,
Will he now suffer my retribution?
I can honestly say he should not feel fear,
‘’ I Have Granted Him Absolution ‘’
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' I Have Granted Him Absolution '' by bri mar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wish You Were Here, Eugene Latumbo
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal