'' I Have Granted Him Absolution ''
I spoke to the one called the saviour,
Challenging him to a debate,
I have to say I don’t like his behaviour,
As he’s already two hours late.
I gave a time and a destination,
Problem is he didn’t reply,
That’s a source of great frustration,
As you’re not allowed to ask why.
I did it through the power of prayer,
That’s the best way I was told,
Invisible beings cause me despair,
They must be a power to behold.
Answerable to nobody except yourself,
I’d say a bit like a politician,
He must also be like my garden elf,
No stomach for an inquisition.
I’ve now been waiting four long days,
His arrogance really astounds,
I wouldn’t say that he’s worthy of praise,
He has given me no reason or grounds.
If he’s as powerful as you make out,
He could respond to my personal request,
But of his existence I am now in doubt,
This has left me quite distressed.
He created the universe and all within,
Yet he fails to come to a meeting,
Surely that should be classed as a sin,
I at least deserve a greeting.
I’ve given him a week and he’s failed to appear,
Will he now suffer my retribution?
I can honestly say he should not feel fear,
‘’ I Have Granted Him Absolution ‘’
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' I Have Granted Him Absolution '' by bri mar )
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- HURLY-BURLY هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma
- Power absolute, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Moon, Phil Soar
- They Got Tired لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang