Konstantinos B. Sventzouris
I have the autumn
Maybe I don't want more.
I have the autumn. It's enough for me the change.
Only when something changes I begin to remember.
And the need to pretend
that is awesome to know things to come?
I stopped feel it.
Quick thoughts on city street.
All the world's cities are mine.
They feed me agony and prayers
night and supplications. My own cities.
No longer have to prove them something.
I keep my mind permanently in hell.
Up to heart submerged in its fire.
And when poetry strips and loses words
bitter as blood, lighter than the leaves
mortal like their slaves,
even if I don't understand it
heaven hears and sends colors.
And thus I have something totally mine. The autumn...
Konstantinos B. Sventzouris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I have the autumn by Konstantinos B. Sventzouris )
- The Shrunken Head, Ronald Peat
- SHE - a love poem, Thomas Kay
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)