naked along the side of the house,
8 a.m., spreading sesame seed oil
over my body, Jesus, have I come
I once battled in dark alleys for a
now I'm not laughing.
I splash myself with oil and wonder,
how many years do you want?
how many days?
my blood is soiled and a dark
angel sits in my brain.
things are made of something and
go to nothing.
I understand the fall of cities, of
a small plane passes overhead.
I look upward as if it made sense to
it's true, the sky has rotted:
it won't be long for any of
Charles Bukowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Decline by Charles Bukowski )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What is love, gajanan mishra
- Women, Nassy Fesharaki
- Because of intimacy, gajanan mishra
- while the stars spin our ferris wheel..., Mandolyn ...
- The anger inside my head, Ben Matthews
- I see love, gajanan mishra
- In My Head, Brianna Kimball
- Choose, Silas Egbowon