'I Hear Her Voice':
I hear a voice wail,
I yank my head 'round and 'round,
'Wow is it! '
I cried out,
I wanted to help,
Help the voices owner anyway I could.
I call out again,
'Who is it, ' I added as well 'I will not harm you, I am here to help! '
Still no answer, but my heart, more than my ear's, finally lead me to the owner who cried so wretchedly.
'My dear, what has happened? ' I asked this young girl,
'How did you find me! ? ' She squealed back at me,
'Why, I heard you from the distance, my dear one and I wish only to help you. Your voice sounded filled with need of someone.'
'No, I don't need anyone, go away! ' She squealed, again, at me.
'My dear, how could you even ask that of me, to leave you, knowing you're in pain, impossible? '
'I don't need anybody.' She whined, but I saw defeat in her eyes, longing for comfort, comfort of any kind.
So I did not leave,
I sat beside her against the tree,
Then guided her to lay her head on me,
She gave a little sigh in relief,
So I sat there, and just held her.
Not intending for her to, but couldn't help it, I let her fall in an emotional-drained sleep, all the while, hearing, 'thank you, my angel.'
Sherry Painter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('I Hear Her Voice': by Sherry Painter )
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)