'I Hear Her Voice':
I hear a voice wail,
I yank my head 'round and 'round,
'Wow is it! '
I cried out,
I wanted to help,
Help the voices owner anyway I could.
I call out again,
'Who is it, ' I added as well 'I will not harm you, I am here to help! '
Still no answer, but my heart, more than my ear's, finally lead me to the owner who cried so wretchedly.
'My dear, what has happened? ' I asked this young girl,
'How did you find me! ? ' She squealed back at me,
'Why, I heard you from the distance, my dear one and I wish only to help you. Your voice sounded filled with need of someone.'
'No, I don't need anyone, go away! ' She squealed, again, at me.
'My dear, how could you even ask that of me, to leave you, knowing you're in pain, impossible? '
'I don't need anybody.' She whined, but I saw defeat in her eyes, longing for comfort, comfort of any kind.
So I did not leave,
I sat beside her against the tree,
Then guided her to lay her head on me,
She gave a little sigh in relief,
So I sat there, and just held her.
Not intending for her to, but couldn't help it, I let her fall in an emotional-drained sleep, all the while, hearing, 'thank you, my angel.'
Sherry Painter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('I Hear Her Voice': by Sherry Painter )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Hate Is A Strong Word, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..