I Like Unsung Heroes
'Tis of the unsung heroes I wish to hear
Their names in the newspapers never appear
They don't seek the praise and they don't seek the fame
They keep a low profile few know them by name.
Like the teenager who saved the young girl from the house fire
About him there is so much for to admire
To save someone else's life he did risk his own
Yet the anonymous hero remains as unknown.
Her parents wish to thank him the one they do not know
But for the deserved plaudits he has failed for to show
For to bask in the limelight does not seem his way
As an anonymous unsung hero he would prefer to stay.
I like unsung heroes though unsung they remain
From their acts of unselfishness and bravery they do not wish to gain
Like the teenage house fire hero he surely is brave
The life of a five year old girl he did save.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Like Unsung Heroes by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- ALL YOUR HEART 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The echo you held as your own, Mark Heathcote
- Child eater, Nassy Fesharaki
- Small but, gajanan mishra
- Express shame, hasmukh amathalal
- JOEL OSTEEN MAILMAN FOR THE LORD!, Tom Zart
- Quotation #2, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Stepping Into Promises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Every Cell There Is A White Dove, mary douglas
- Child of the Supreme, gajanan mishra