Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
I Lost The Poem In Its Complexity
I lost the poem in its complexity
There was too much of it-
And in too great disorder
The purity of its feeling lost
In my changes of mood-
I lost the poem
And could not make it right-
And regretted losing
What I wanted to say in it.
I lost the poem,
A minor loss
There are and will be other poems-
Life has far greater losses than a poem-
A poem can be replaced by other poems,
Greater losses have no replacement at all.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.