devon da poet
I Love You!
What does 'I love you' mean to you?
What does 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you' mean to you?
I love you has became a cliche,
But my words are true.
Standing next to a princess in eye contact
How could I not tell the truth?
Understanding your interests
gives me empirical facts
that persuades me to confess
the blatantness of my heart.
From a spark to a flame
I'm a blazing fire
of love that devours your enmity.
I breathe hot vapours of love
that rises to your heart racingly
and jitters your emotions
to as the sound of a whistling kettle.
Hot air rises
That's no surprise.
A container of metal
cannot conceal the lethality
of my peaceful calamity.
When i said i love you
I was referring to
an unchangeable feeling,
that's consistent and true.
A love comprising assurance
that's bold and beautiful
for the young and restless
all the days of our life
as the world turns into paradise.
I love you means you're the only one
that draws my attention.
The only one that dictates the hair on my skin,
and controls my heart beat
as though your existence were a treadle to my engine of love.
I love you mean oneness
It also define how spectacular you are
as compared to a morning star
that shineth in the heaven.
I love you means forgiveness;
Seventy times seven,
Where the unthinkable happens.
Resurrect the meaning of 'I love you',
And I sware to erect a love you'll never regret,
And spend the rest of my life with you forever.
Don't forget babe that...
'I love you'!
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Love You! by devon da poet )
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
- An Invocation, William Alexander
- Aan Elegie On Dr. Ravis, Bishop of London, Richard Corbet
- Complaining Of His Want Of Friends, Edward Hake
- No Gold No Goodnesse, Edward Hake
- Priyo keu nei, Golam Rashid
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns