devon da poet
I Love You!
What does 'I love you' mean to you?
What does 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you' mean to you?
I love you has became a cliche,
But my words are true.
Standing next to a princess in eye contact
How could I not tell the truth?
Understanding your interests
gives me empirical facts
that persuades me to confess
the blatantness of my heart.
From a spark to a flame
I'm a blazing fire
of love that devours your enmity.
I breathe hot vapours of love
that rises to your heart racingly
and jitters your emotions
to as the sound of a whistling kettle.
Hot air rises
That's no surprise.
A container of metal
cannot conceal the lethality
of my peaceful calamity.
When i said i love you
I was referring to
an unchangeable feeling,
that's consistent and true.
A love comprising assurance
that's bold and beautiful
for the young and restless
all the days of our life
as the world turns into paradise.
I love you means you're the only one
that draws my attention.
The only one that dictates the hair on my skin,
and controls my heart beat
as though your existence were a treadle to my engine of love.
I love you mean oneness
It also define how spectacular you are
as compared to a morning star
that shineth in the heaven.
I love you means forgiveness;
Seventy times seven,
Where the unthinkable happens.
Resurrect the meaning of 'I love you',
And I sware to erect a love you'll never regret,
And spend the rest of my life with you forever.
Don't forget babe that...
'I love you'!
devon da poet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Love You! by devon da poet )
- Inspiration to Live, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Shadow Chase, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns