I'm a human with a thousand flaws
I'm a human with a thousand flaws.
I'm a guy who is consistently finding a way to reduce those flaws and I'm in the midst of bringing myself to the next level of perfection.
I'm no hunk, I'm no James Bond and I'm no Albert Einstein.
I'm just me.
I value and treasure life's little miracles such as friendship, kindness and compassion.
I am a proud friend and pillar to my autistic brother and yes, I'm not ashamed of it, in fact, he's one of my life's little miracles!
I do admit, at times, I'm very emotional and sensitive. Beneath the surface of iron and steel, the soft spot deep down is easily crushed.
I used to be someone I want to be,
but now, I am what I'm supposed to be.
I listen, and I often lends out a helping hand.
After all, what does it take to just sit back and listen to a person with your heart?
I write poetry, not Shakespeare, not Milton, certainly not John Keats.
I'm still a guy with a thousand flaws =)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm a human with a thousand flaws by C.H. Seow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol