I'm a human with a thousand flaws
I'm a human with a thousand flaws.
I'm a guy who is consistently finding a way to reduce those flaws and I'm in the midst of bringing myself to the next level of perfection.
I'm no hunk, I'm no James Bond and I'm no Albert Einstein.
I'm just me.
I value and treasure life's little miracles such as friendship, kindness and compassion.
I am a proud friend and pillar to my autistic brother and yes, I'm not ashamed of it, in fact, he's one of my life's little miracles!
I do admit, at times, I'm very emotional and sensitive. Beneath the surface of iron and steel, the soft spot deep down is easily crushed.
I used to be someone I want to be,
but now, I am what I'm supposed to be.
I listen, and I often lends out a helping hand.
After all, what does it take to just sit back and listen to a person with your heart?
I write poetry, not Shakespeare, not Milton, certainly not John Keats.
I'm still a guy with a thousand flaws =)
C.H. Seow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm a human with a thousand flaws by C.H. Seow )
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
- And grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)