Lawrence S. Pertillar
I'm Not Here To Reminisce 'Your' Experiences
Those who speak out,
And unafraid to oppose...
A direction popularized,
With a blindness followed.
Are often left behind but find they meet,
The very ones to greet...
Explaining how they misunderstood,
The meaning of ignorance.
And how listening to comprehend,
Saves time to prevent...
Suffering through needless consequences.
'Why aren't you paying me any attention? '
But today I'd rather walk,
Than to waste repeated talk.
Unless you are going to tell me,
Those wounds appearing on your head...
Are not from hitting it against a brick wall.~
'I didn't think you would notice.'
~Do you want to see a healing done,
From scraped knees?
Falling down until I learned the message?
I'm not here to reminisce 'your' experiences.
I've got my own.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not Here To Reminisce 'Your' Experiences by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland