I preach peace
I preach peace
I went into early prayers
I had something to offer
But in words really
I sincerely bowed
Eyes to drop tears
With pain to bear
Something was troubling
Like hot water bubbling
Almost with noise and boiling
The world was in same boat and sailing
I thought of Palestine
And felt not at all divine
"Why are you not responding"?
"People are simply dying"
I raised head to find response
The face looked stiff and tense
I felt as if God was replying
"No my dear boy, stop crying "
It is not your fate alone
So do not curse as humanity is on wane
Whether you kill one or thousand
Where is the place for humanity to be found?
I preach peace and provide prosperity
You people just pray almighty
The land is holy for all of you to live
Not to divide on different lines and believe
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I preach peace by hasmukh amathalal )
Did you read them?
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)