Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Prefer the Pound
I remembered being married.
Now I am happily divorced.
I don't recall wishing this bliss.
Or when I preferred pound cake,
Over one called Death by Chocolate.
But I have learned,
Not to touch chocolate
Without backup or guard.
It is hard breaking free of habits that decay.
Even when it's inviting...
Nothing guarantees an addiction,
Will not kill ambition.
Some escape with slight healing bruises!
Others are beaten into the ground!
That's why I prefer the pound,
When it is around and I can taste it!
Nibble and leave...
That's my philosophy I'm feeding me.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Prefer the Pound by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale