I remember...(How could I forget?)
I remember your skin, 'cause it's perfect when we meet,
I remember your voice, 'cause without it I can't speak,
I remember your noise, as I'm taking you out of your mind
I remember your pressure, as it made me melt into the sublime.
But mostly, I remember you crying and asking me how someone could love a monster,
I remember you threading your hands through my hair pulling my face to you so you could see the fear written,
I remember you telling me that you'd understand if I left.
I remember comforting you as person A, B and C walked away,
I remember calling you, already knowing what you needed to say,
I remember you calling me angel, so where did that go?
I remember everything, even if it wasn't real, so tell me, is that so?
I remember you giving me everything
I remember giving you my all
I remember watching you put me on a pedestal,
I remember watching myself fall.
Deona Skidmore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I remember...(How could I forget?) by Deona Skidmore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Law, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Irritation Of Gestures, Naveed Akram
- OVER THE ROCK OF SUICIDE فوق صخرة الانتحار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Just For the Record, Joyce Sutphen
- lonely wanderer, The lonely wanderer
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal