I See Stars
I saw a star in Venice
I saw a star tonight
I saw a star falling then regain its flight.
I saw a star in Rio
I saw a star in you
I saw a star twinkling in different shades of blue.
I saw a star in Heaven
I saw a star in Hell
But never did I see a star twinkling on my world.
I've seen a star fading
I've seen it cross the sky
I've seen so many different stars trying not to die
I've seen them come together
I've watched them grow apart
I have seen so many stars in a lovers heart.
I've seen the stars exploding
I've seen the quiet and calm
I've heard them whisper secrets in a world full of harm
I saw a star twinkling in different shades of blue
But never in all my life have i seen a star like you...
Coen Carter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I See Stars by Coen Carter )
- A Hot Summers Day, David Harris
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)