I shall ride the wings of heaven
Within my ailment pass the welkin is my salvation.
It is a place where cherubs chime melodies of mirth.
There I find solace underneath his protection.
Through him I have found a fresh and new rebirth.
I am meek and he shall lead me on the path of bliss.
Blithe I will be that he shall rid me of my solitude.
It is a solitude that I shall not come to miss.
Forlorn I shall no longer be, for I await his rectitude.
As death approaches nigh I shall not dare to cry.
My body and soul once breathed on this earth.
I know that I shall be joyous when I finally die.
I see the angels coming and my plight was of worth.
I shall not travail within my toilsome imprisonment.
I will run the gauntlet of this everlasting domain.
I am freed of this once haunting bereavement.
I know that I shall ride the wings of Heaven.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I shall ride the wings of heaven by Franc Rodriguez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- AMONG THE PRETTY PEBBLES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- PH: Poem en Duo: What Day Brings, Brian Johnston
- 2 girls 1 poem, Mark R. Elias
- The Blind Blue., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Hot Dog Fight at the Supermarket, Kevin Rottweiler
- Haiku The Season, Heather Burns
- Haiku Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- This Is Not A Consolation Prize, mary douglas
- State Of Mind, david kush
- The Mermaid Predictions, The Future Of S.., mary douglas