I shall wade through the waters of beatitude
Dawn shines upon the hawthorns of the meadows.
It gleams upon the carpets of bluebells in the wealds.
It glimmers onto the willow trees with boughs.
It glints the villatic lowlands to the loftier highlands.
It grazes the craggy knolls and the grassy glades.
Always it gilds and resplends the murky shades.
It glistens afterwards, the firths and the estuaries.
Whereupon, lie the inlets of celestial sanctuaries.
It betides upon the glens and shimmering lochs.
It rests upon this beauteous haven as the sun balks.
A lone man skirls a bagpipe that bestows a dazzle.
An angelic cherub encroaches upon a distant castle.
A strayed gannet brings comfort to the vicissitude.
And I shall wade through the waters of beatitude.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I shall wade through the waters of beatitude by Franc Rodriguez )
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)