Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Thought You Were Serious
You want to play with me?
I've been seeking a competitive opponent,
For quite some time.
'Why are you putting those six inch spikes on your shoes?
Those gloves have razors attached to them.
And your helmet?
Why does it seem to be plated with steel? '
I thought you came to play?
What did you believe?
I would share with you strategies...
To beat me?
And I thought you were serious.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Thought You Were Serious by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Is life an error?, gajanan mishra
- Life's Connection, Sandra Feldman
- A TUTTI VOI, UN' OFFERTA CON AMORE!, Monk E. Biz
- Life...Please Come In, Kanwaljit Bhullar
- Sweet Home, Tony Adah
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz