Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Understand. I Will Give You A Call Later
You can not be serious?
You can not be?
'Not only am I serious...
I had been speechless,
She said 'what' to your next door neighbors?
These are 'her' parents...
She stated to them she was pregnant.
And wanted to have a better life,
For her and her child.
A life better than she was given.
So she decided to keep the baby,
And move in with her parents.
WITH her jobless boyfriend.'
'I had the same reaction!
When I first heard about this...
My mouth opened and wouldn't close either.'
I will give you a call later! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Understand. I Will Give You A Call Later by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- "Why do I love" You, Sir?, Emily Dickinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- The Tale Of Snow White And The Seven Dwa.., Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- My Mommy's Apple Pie!, santhosh kumar
- Flying out, maryline vautravers
- From God to God, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- Conscienceless, hafiz qasim
- Al Contorno L Ser Humano, Zoila T. Flores
- Pernickety, hafiz qasim
- Turning In, Michael P. McParland
- True Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- True Love 2, Michael P. McParland