I want food
I want food
To nourish my body.
Food, the cause of my birth
My growth and nourishment
Is my birth right.
All the articles of food
Are brought about by water
The soil, I stand on, is
Also created through water.
Somehow or other, my food
My clothes and shelter have
Affinity with water.
I want water.
I want food, clothes, water
And shelter for my living.
Life is successful when I work.
I want to perform my duties.
Duties such as oblations, charity
And penance, I want to perform.
I want to renounce and relinquish
For the benefit of others.
I want to say again
The famous quote
Live and let live
I believe, this world belongs
To all and not for selfish-hoarders.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I want food by gajanan mishra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...