I Want To Know!
i want to know...
what the trees and mountains know,
what the rivers sing of,
the desire the wind groans with.
the passion of lightning,
and the echo of thunder.
the redemption written in rain,
the love in the dog's eyes.
the secret whisperings of bats,
the timeless wisdom of whales.
the peace of the turtle,
the mad gift of the butterfly.
the free spirit of darkness,
the salvation of dawn...
for i am all these things,
and they are me!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Want To Know! by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Youth, Naveed Khalid