love letters written
with all the scars
and bruises in plain sight...
all the falling stars...
the thunder that came
lightning that came
without the rain...
broken shovels, broken rakes,
and a pen that betrayed...
1900 nails in the bridge,
1900 miles,1900 steps.
1900 seats at the table,
1900 dreams and desires!
a small fire,
we keep adding logs.
strangers come and go,
all wanting to get warm.
passing out bowls of stew,
and old worn blankets.
the night air is still,
the moonlight whispers....
we walk down to the water,
and see the reflections,
year after year, soul after soul.
all the same, yet all different...
fireflies testify to the darkness.
this long road nearly over...
leaving no footprints,
no scent, or markers...
love letters written,
from the hollow place
back of your heart!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (1900 Poems by Eric Cockrell )
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)