I Wanted A Poem/But There Was No Poetry In Me
I WANTED A POEM/ BUT THERE WAS NO POETRY IN ME
I wanted a poem
But there was no poetry in me
I said to myself from outside,
‘Write the feeling of a song'
But I had no song within me-
Poetry did not flow
No music moved me
I was alone with a Mind
That had no heart or song-
And then I writing
Simply tried to listen to myself
And what I heard
Was these awkward non- poetic lines
That make a poem
Which is not true poetry
And yet here now
proclaims its own rhythm as this page.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Wanted A Poem/But There Was No Poetry In Me by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- this poem is about Kohls Cash, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...