Muhammad Ishaq Abbasi
I Wish I Were A Nightingale!
I wish I were a nightingale,
Flying all day over hill and dale!
Looking down on the many faces of earth,
In search of those who suffer agonies since birth.
And I would sing to them a mellow song,
Make them happy, end their sadness long.
In search of such sufferers I would fly again,
To ease the sufferings of victims of pain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Wish I Were A Nightingale! by Muhammad Ishaq Abbasi )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)