I Write Because
The journey is tediously diverse
Winding down the road of life and years
But the simple joys of rhyme and verse
Assuage the sorrows and so wipe the tears.
For writing has its ways of soothing
One's wayward thoughts and restless heart
Like a companion silently accepting
All the vagaries that one may sometimes impart.
It is the stillness of long cold night
The music of a forgotten memory
A tinge of longing for a love who's not in sight
A dream that stays awaiting victory.
Writing may not pay as much success
Though some have gained in them the riches
Still I found in it a source of happiness
The quiet peace of words that touches.
All rights reserved ~~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~01.03.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Write Because by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Small Men & Small Hearts As Contemporary.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Genocide, Nassy Fesharaki
- 'Change! ' They Said By P.Lal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Memories, Sunny Chopra
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -57, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz