I Write Because
The journey is tediously diverse
Winding down the road of life and years
But the simple joys of rhyme and verse
Assuage the sorrows and so wipe the tears.
For writing has its ways of soothing
One's wayward thoughts and restless heart
Like a companion silently accepting
All the vagaries that one may sometimes impart.
It is the stillness of long cold night
The music of a forgotten memory
A tinge of longing for a love who's not in sight
A dream that stays awaiting victory.
Writing may not pay as much success
Though some have gained in them the riches
Still I found in it a source of happiness
The quiet peace of words that touches.
All rights reserved ~~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~01.03.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Write Because by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TRUST, maharshi trivedi
- Alone in December, James Anthony Creamer
- Mind Albums, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Nerd's Way of Thinking, James Anthony Creamer
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
- My Nephews, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in January, James Anthony Creamer
- Taking Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)