cheryl davis miller
We did not see until; too late.
We would not heed the call.
We thought ourselves Americans.
With one heart one and all.
So with sad heart we must report,
it now is plain to see;
our gracious land is over run,
by a rank enemy.
This enemy does not comply,
at all with common heart,
of those who fight for freedom's voice
as they have from the start.
No this foe will divide us and
sow upstarts in our place,
so as to tear down Liberty
and mock her to her face.
Then to declare themselves the friend
of the down trodden man.
The only source of answers to
the woe's of common man.
If we had seen, if we had heard,
before it was too late,
perhaps we could have saved the day
and changed our nations fate.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If by cheryl davis miller )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- My Christmas Wishes, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- What a Concept is this Love, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Passion (Rewrite), Kristen Brown