Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
If I Could Not You Would
My mind may be of a slow speed but the concept of your existence Makes my mind race,
It puzzles over mosaic pieces of your attributes at the quickest Pace.
I may not be able to see you but it is you in my dreams I envision
For between you and true beauty there is no clear division.
My nose does fail me but not when you are near
Your scent dissipates every stench and makes breathing clear.
I may be dumb but you still steal away my words and weave them into Things I can’t express,
Though surely dumb as I am, I stand speechless I confess.
My ears may not hear the sound of your voice but you hear the sound Of my heart,
You whisper for my ears only and speak to me with graciousness and An art.
My legs are all but spent but you run to me through fields of fire,
My heart you strengthen and my weak legs you inspire.
My arms have lost their zeal but you my love have a heart that for me can feel
And with a warm embrace your love you seal.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If I Could Not You Would by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(October 13th 1990)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1320 – 1392)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett