Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
Spinning turning and twining
The sky clear so very hot yet cool.
Have you smelt the aroma of love?
The scent of magic tulips in the air
The barbecue’s feisty flare.
Random people who I don’t know who know me
Walking round like a herd of sheep unfree.
Floating music in and out of me like a six sense
Flying is like a seventh.
A poet composing spring and summer on his page
A bugle testing her limits, her harmonic levels soaring sweeter than morning chorus.
Their unlikely union is a blessing to my ears.
Their gifts are made for each other, their symbiosis is so great.
My eyes close as I twirl and listen to this beauty.
The sweet scent of love and everything romantic.
The perfume of magic tulips whispers gently to my nose as I lay on My back.
Doesn’t matter if you’re not here, as long as I am.
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magic Tulips by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
- Televisions Explosion Of White Trash, Is It Poetry
- She Said, Spiritwind Wood
- Torn Pages, Cristhian Aguilera
- Closed Book, Joshua Hillard
- Succumb To Thrombosis, Margaret Alice Second
- To winter, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Friends, Mitta Xinindlu
- Self Promotion, Is It Poetry
- Hurt, A K Das Mridul
- Let me be FREE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
Poem of the Day
- The Lamplighter, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)