If I've Ever Loved
If I have ever loved at all
Well, I guess I must then say
It's not the sex or kisses that
Make love, or anyway
I do not think that skin or acts
Can make a feeling known
Though yes, it makes for quite a time
The dopamine when breasts are shown
No not the skin but what's beneath,
The pump from whence true love does come
The organ found beneath our ribs
Tells all of where this love thing's from.
...but look again just inches up
Where true emotions are made up.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If I've Ever Loved by Nick Kasparie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beauty, Brianna Kimball
- Seminars, Mark Heathcote